Friday, April 24, 2009

In the library this morning

I'm in the library working on my draft of our last essay. I just read over Mary's paper, and I'm impressed! Ask Mary for tips on becoming a successful student! One thing I've noticed: she gets started on her assignments immediately; the draft I read this morning is already four pages long, and she hasn't even gotten to HER project yet! Good work, Mary. She's agreed to bring in copies for a workshop on Monday morning, so all of you in the 8am class, we'll be in the classroom on Monday.

For my 12:40 students, let's meet in the classroom today. I'm curious to see what kinds of sources and research you've done. Bring your developing drafts to class. Sorry that I missed the library group on Wednesday. About 10 of us took a walking tour of their guerrilla gardens, and then Jordan and I ended up on the other side of campus, checking out the ag programs plant sale! If you're interested in buying locally grown plants, check out the greenhouses over by the satellite dishes. Think of it, you could guerrilla garden campus with seedlings sprouted by students here at MTSU! Kind of incestuous in a good way!

I'm very encouraged by initial reports from Evan. Apparently, he's recruited a few friends and they had a very successful mission the other night. I can't wait to see their work. Over by the music building, right? Also, Elizabeth gets the golden spade gardening achievement award for her extensive snap-dragoning of the MTSU marquee in front of the Murphy Center. Well done!

So I'll see you later. Bring your work and your good ideas to class.

5 comments:

  1. My final draft is up for essay 4 with lots of interesting pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see you in the library the other day...but I did go to the classroom first (forgot we were meeting in the library) so I didn't get there quite at 8...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Houp, I've been sick all week and unable to attend classes...I have a couple questions about my grade and paper, are you going to be in the classroom at all Friday, May 1 or should i try and catch you in your office?
    Thanks,
    Amy Hardin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mr. Houp, i cant get my essay to upload on my blogger. is it ok for me to email it to you so my essay a be on time until i figure out how to upload it correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted up my Essay #4 And My Project On May 1st!! Can you check them out and let me know that you have seen it? Because I havent heard from you yet.

    Have A Good summer!!! :)

    Mary Todd

    ReplyDelete